With Azure Virtual Desktop companies can set up a scalable and flexible environment by creating a full desktop virtualization environment in their Azure subscription without having to run any additional gateway servers, or publishing as many host pools as needed to accommodate diverse workloads.
Cloud VDI solutions offer companies a fast, easy way to scale VDI resources on demand without managing data centers or deploying any infrastructure. Customers have the flexibility to scale down these resources when not required, reducing costs and streamlining management. Azure Virtual Desktop provides comprehensive security features to help enterprises support secure remote and hybrid work across the globe.
With Azure Virtual Desktop, Microsoft manages infrastructure and brokering components using established best practices, empowering you to focus on delivering the best experience by optimizing host virtual machines, data, and end-client.
Azure Virtual Desktop provides end-to-end security for the virtual desktops, covering identity, data, session hosts, apps, networking, and infrastructure. Azure Virtual Desktop gives full control over management and deployment through features like conditional access, multifactor authentication, audit logs, endpoint security, application restriction, application-level protection, role-based access control, and simplified compliance.
Employees and contractors gain easy access to a seamless experience, whether working in their Outlook inboxes, sharing files via OneDrive, or collaborating with others using Teams. In addition, they can enjoy low-latency, high-performance access to custom apps through Azure Virtual Desktop remote app streaming.
With multi-session capabilities on Windows 10 and Windows 11 virtual desktops, multiple concurrent user sessions run on a single license to reduce costs. Flexible, consumption-based pricing and the ability to use existing Microsoft 365 or Windows licenses provide additional cost savings. The cloud-based nature of Azure Virtual Desktop also opens up a range of cost-optimization strategies such as right-sizing virtual machines, turning off capacity when it’s not being used, exiting datacenters, and reducing management overhead.
Azure Virtual Desktop deployment and optimization checklist
1. Gather your organization’s current and future virtual desktop requirements:
- Determine the appropriate networking considerations
- Assess current user requirements and motivations
- Decide if the user experience should be personal or pooled (multi-session)
- Choose your deployment and configuration strategy
2. Make ready your Microsoft Azure subscription for Azure Virtual Desktop:
- Establish connectivity to Microsoft Azure subscription
- Set up your chosen Active Directory configuration
- Create resources, roles, assign licenses, and register the desktop virtualization provider
3.Create the Azure Virtual Desktop workspace and configure it for usage:
- Use the Azure Virtual Desktop Getting started feature
- Configure the required workspace and host pool(s)
- Assign desktop and remote apps via application groups
- Customize the workspace for desktops, apps, and protocols
4. Adjust and scale your environment to meet your needs:
- Deliver a true roaming profile using FSLogix
- Configure Azure File Sync to sync files and user profiles to Azure storage
- Enhance application delivery using MSIX app attach
- Simplify business changes using Azure’s automation tools
While Azure Virtual Desktop is effective at serving the needs of hybrid and remote workers, these technologies are often complex and require specialized roles to deploy, manage, and scale. Contact Softline for personalized consultation and we take your company through every step from the planning to the final optimization and trainings. Softline is a Microsoft Certified regional and international expert with several years of cloud technology experience. We provide holistic consulting services including assessment of business and infrastructure needs, and personalized workshops based on specific business needs.
SZEMÉLYRE SZABOTT TANÁCSADÁS